Pilates Classes – Physio Rehab
Physio Rehab (formerly Clinical Pilates)
Physio Rehab is our most popular style of class, which predominantly utilizes Pilates equipment such as reformer beds and wonder chairs. In this class, clients will be provided any individualised program that focuses on their specific needs and requirement. This normal includes a combination of mobility, stretching, strength and postural exercises. This class is excellent for people with ongoing neck and back issues, people who have aching joints and muscles, or people who want to improve their general strength and fitness. Our classes are suitable for men, women and children of ALL fitness levels and experience.
Each participant, is required to have an initial assessment (60mins) with a Physiotherapist, followed by a program development session (30mins). These sessions are used to complete a full musculoskeletal/postural assessment, discuss patient and physiotherapy orientated exercise program goals, teach specific exercises (with the use of real-time ultrasound as required), develop your individualised exercise program and teach safety on the Pilates and gym equipment.
Individualised programs are then developed, supervised and progressed by a Physiotherapist using expert knowledge of biomechanics and pilates techniques with the aim to prevent further injury and encourage appropriate recovery.
For further information regarding our classes or to book an initial assessment with one of our Physiotherapists, please contact Marmion Physio on (08) 9448 6588 or email email@example.com
Benefits of Exercise?
- ‘Core’ strengthening and stability to prevent and manage back and neck pain
- Improved motor control (body awareness) and postural muscle activation
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Specific muscle strengthening, endurance and toning
- Improving mobility, flexibility and concentration
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improve coordination and balance
- Relaxation and stress management
- Improved general health, fitness and well-being
- Complements other methods of exercise